ABOUT THE COMPETITION:
1 st Justice H.R. Khanna Memorial Essay Competition 2016 is a unique medium of identifying and recognizing one of the most important contributions that a judge has made to the Constitution and the democratic spirit of India. The competition shall look into various insights about how the Constitution has evolved and principles and seeds of integrity and nationalism sown by judges like Justice H.R. Khanna have reaped in light of the Judicial Activism in India today.
THEME OF THE COMPETITION:
“Is Judicial Activism paving the right way in India?”
Judicial Activism is on the rise in India. Judges like H.R. Khanna have, for long, preserved the integrity of the judiciary and protected the Fundamental Rights in desperate times. Such spirit of Judiciary is perceived to be indomitable in India. Today, Judicial Activism is understood by many as Judiciary transgressing into the dominion of the Legislature. There is a need to relook at how Judicial Activism is paving in India as opposed to other countries. A comparative analysis would be imperative to make. We consider that the area of law is too vast in the current theme.
We are not inclined to restrict the scope of thinking of authors to any of the sub-themes mentioned under. However, for the purpose of clarity only, we are proposing the following sub-themes.
- Comparative Analysis of trends of Judicial Activism
- Growth of PIL & Judicial Activism
- Judicial Appointments and Activism
- Obsolete Laws and Judicial Activism
- Intolerance and Freedom of Speech & Judiciary’s Response
Any other sub-theme may be chosen by the authors
- The competition is open to all Undergraduate and Postgraduate students enrolled in any discipline in a recognized University/College/Institute in India
- Only one submission per author shall be entertained
- Co-Authorship to a maximum of two authors is allowed
- The Registration Fee shall be notified on the page.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION:
- The essays shall be submitted in English only.
- The essays should be the original work of the authors. Any kind of plagiarism will lead to disqualification.
- The essays published elsewhere or selected/ submitted for publication elsewhere shall be disqualified.
- The name(s) of the author(s) shall not be mentioned anywhere in the Essay
- Word Limit for the essay shall be 3000 words, not including footnotes.
- The essay should be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 and Line Spacing 1.5
- The footnotes should be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 10 and Spacing 1
- The margins should be 1” or 2.54 centimeters on all sides.
- All text should be properly ‘justified’. 10. Any uniform method of citation is acceptable.
- Participants must register for the Competition by filling the form available on http://www.ijlms.in on or before 15TH MAY 2016
- Essays must be sent to email@example.com with the subject ‘Submission for 1 st Justice H. R. Khanna Memorial Essay Competition’ on or before 25TH MAY 2016.
- Essay shall be attached only in DOC or DOCX format.
- Participants are required to mention in the body of the email
- a. Name(s) of Author(s)
- b. Title of Essay
- c. College/Institute/Organization
- d. Programme Enrolled & Year of Study
- e. Email Address & Contact Number
The BEST ENTRY shall be awarded with Rs. 4000 and One-Month Internship with IP Markets, Hyderabad along with a Certificate and Publication of the Essay.
The SECOND BEST ENTRY shall be awarded with Rs. 2000 and One-Month Internship with IP Markets, Hyderabad along with a Certificate.
All entries shall receive Certificate of Participation via email.
- All original essays submitted for this competition shall become the sole property of International Journal of Law & Management Studies which may have the right to publish the entries in the form of a journal.
- International Journal of Law & Management Studies possesses the right to reject entries which do not conform to the Guidelines of Submission
- The Organizing Committee reserves the absolute rights to cancel, defer, or postpone indefinitely, the competition in the event of the accruing of any incident, natural or manmade.
- In case of any dispute, decision of the Editor-in-Chief shall be final and binding
- All essays received may be published in IJLMS Special Edition (May 2016) after completion of any other requirements by the authors to be informed later.
FOR MORE DETAILS, CONTACT INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF LAW & MANAGEMENT STUDIES (ISSN-2455-2771) Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org Phone Number: +91-7773901458
In case of any query feel free to consult with Lawtimes Journal