The Central Government has accepted the recommendations of the Supreme Court collegium and has notified the transfer of 7 High Court judges. They are:
1. Justice Rajan Gupta of Punjab and Haryana HC has been transferred to Patna HC
2. Justice T.S. Sivagnanam of Madras HC has been transferred to Calcutta HC
3. Justice Sureshwar Thakur of Himachal Pradesh HC has been transferred to Punjab & Haryana HC.
4. Justice P.B. Bajanthri of Karnataka HC has been transferred to Patna HC
5. Justice Sanjeev Prakash Sharma of Rajasthan HC has been transferred to Patna HC
6. Justice T. Amarnath Goud of Telangana HC has been transferred to Tripura HC
7. Justice Subhash Chand of Allahabad HC has been transferred to Jharkhand HC.
Kiren Rijiju, the Union Law Minister, tweeted informing about the transfer:
The Hon’ble President of India, in consultation with the Hon’ble Chief Justice of India, in the exercise of the power conferred upon them by the Constitution of India, is pleased to transfer the following High Court Judges.
The Centre on 5th October had notified the transfer of 15 High Court judges and on 9th October, the Centre notified the appointment of new Chief Justices for 13 High Courts by transfer of elevation.