Mr. Mahesh Jethmalani is a Senior Advocate who qualified as a barrister in the Year 1980. He got himself enrolled in the bar on 12th February 1981. His 40-Year long illustrious career at the bar includes several high-profile cases such as-
- Appeals in High Court and Supreme Court of 2 Accused in Mrs. Indira Gandhi Assassination case.
- He had even Appeared in Sanjay Dutt and few other bomb blast accused in bail application before TADA Judge in High Court and for Appeal in Supreme Court.
- He had further conducted the Harshad Mehta trial in the UCO Bank case before the Special Judge and had even conducted the defence of Harshad Mehta and others in ‘The Maruti Udyog Case before the Special Judge.
- Represented M/s. Tata Tea Ltd. for bail in the ULFA Case.
- He had even Appeared for Birla Family in the case that was against Mr. Lodha.
- Represented Shri. Modi while he was the chief minister of Gujarat in the Gujarat Riot Cases in the Supreme Court.
These are a few of his famous cases that he had handled. And now following the demise of the member of the Rajya Sabha, Mr. Mahesh Jethmalani has now been appointed as a nominated Rajya Sabha Member by our President, Mr. Ram Nath Govind under Article 80 of The Constitution of India.