All of you must have aware about what Aadhar Card is. It is identity card with a 12 digit number given by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) after verification of required things to the residents of India. It contains all of your data like name, address, date of birth, fingerprints, iris scan and your facial photograph. It can be used as proof of identity, address, etc. as it is verified and authorized by the UIDAI.
A person can not apply for the Aadhar Card more than once as it a unique number given to the person after collection and verification of data by authority. But what if Aadhar Card is lost by someone? In this article we will discuss what to do if Aadhar Card is lost and how to apply for the duplicate print of Aadhar Card.
Importance of Aadhar Card
As mentioned above, Aadhar Card is a proof of Identity of a person. Government introduced Aadhar Card to have a unique identification for all citizens of India. It becomes easy to identify a person by his Aadhar Card as it contains all the information of person like name, date of birth, fingerprints, iris scan. Due to this it becomes easy also for government to identify a person and provide government scheme benefit directly. Government provide many subsidies like subsidy on LPG, tax subsidies, subsidies for farmers directly in their bank account due to Aadhar Card. It is also useful while opening a bank account. It makes the process easy and more fast.
Is police complaint required?
Aadhar Card is one of the important documents as it contains your information and there are many chances of being misused by someone. Therefore it is recommended that you should file a lost report in police station to avoid further problems. But police compliant is not required to apply for the duplicate print of Aadhar Card.
How to apply for the duplicate print of Aadhar Card?
Even if you do not know your Aadhar number or enrollment number you can apply for duplicate print. Only main thing you require is your mobile number or email address registered with Aadhar information.
To apply for duplicate print follow steps given below:
- Go to the website of UIDIA https://resident.uidai.gov.in
- Here you will get a option as ‘Retrieve Lost or Forgotten EID/UID’ click on this option.
- It will proceed to another page where you will find option , ‘Aadhaar Number (UID)’ OR ‘Enrolment Number (EID)’, choose for what you want to apply.
- Enter your full name.
- Enter your email address or enter your registered Mobile Number, it is required to get One Time Password (OTP).
- Enter the security captcha code in the box and click on ‘Get OTP’ button.
- Enter the OTP received on your mobile or email address and Click on ‘Verify OTP’.
- Now you will receive a message on your mobile with your Aadhar number or Enrollment Id as you selected above.
- Now go to https://eaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/
Select appropriate option, ‘Enrollment Id’ OR ‘Aadhaar’, under ‘I have:’
Enter your Aadhar Card number or Enrollment Id, full name, Pin Code, security text and mobile number
- Click on ‘Get OTP’ , One Time Password (OTP) will be delivered to your mobile or email address.
- Enter the OTP you have received in the ‘Enter OTP’ box and click on ‘Validate and Download’.
- Download e-Aadhar Card in the PDF format. Enter your Pin Code as the password when you open the PDF document. Print out this PDF.
How to apply for the duplicate copy of Aadhar Card offline?
If you want to apply for the duplicate copy of Aadhar Card offline,
- Visit to the Aadhar centre near from your place.
- Get a application form for the duplicate Aadhar Card from office.
- Fill up all the details like name, address, Aadhar Card number etc. Attach all documents required.
- Submit form to the operator or person incharge in the office.
- You will get a receipt of your application with a number by which you can track process.
- After the verification you will get a copy of duplicate Aadhar card.
Is there any difference between original Aadhar Card and duplicate or electronic print of Aadhar Card?
No, there is no difference between these two prints. Both will be considered as same. Many people get confused and misunderstood with words. You can use duplicate print of Aadhar same as the earlier card print.
Aadhar Card is unique identification for a resident of India. No one can apply for the Aadhar Card twice. But there is no need to get panic if you lost or misplaced your Aadhar Card. You can simply get duplicate print of your Aadhar Card by following steps mentioned above.
“The views of the authors are personal“