- ABOUT INBA SECTION FOR LAW STUDENTS
INBA is keenly focused on taking the Indian legal industry and its members to newer heights. Representing the entire Legal ecosystem in India, INBA is dedicated to expand its member’s professional network and industry insight. The Section for Law Students draws on its rich cultural diversity to offer students a distinctive membership experience, which bridges the gap between disparate legal jurisdictions. The INBA Section for Law Students draws on its rich cultural diversity to offer students a distinctive membership experience, which bridges the gap between disparate legal jurisdictions. Section for Law Students consists of the Research & Editorial Committee and Reporters Committee.
- To promote the public good in relation to legal matters viewed in the broadest context
- To maintain standards of professional conduct and participate in the discipline of members when required
- To arrange and promote continuing legal education
- To promote, conduct & cooperate in the promotion or conduct of activities of a professional, educational, cultural, and social nature amongst the law students
- To increase the interactive prospects of its members with the pioneers of the legal field and practice
- ABOUT RESEARCH COMMITTEE
The Research Committee is an initiative by Indian National Bar Association which consists a team of legal researchers, editors, and drafters. It aims at producing and working on top-notch research articles and research projects which can add value to the Legal Industry.
- ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The members shall observe and follow the following roles and responsibilities:
- Drafting legal articles and documents as and when necessary;
- Conducting legal research on the assigned projects;
- Representing INBA Section for Law Students at their respective college;
- Working in accordance with the objectives of the committee and performing the assigned tasks;
- Proofreading and vetting the logical flow of articles vis-a-vis grammar, language consistency and adherence to the guidelines;
- Thinking out-of-the-box and undertaking steps for student welfare within the framework of the policy of INBA;
- EXPECTATIONS FROM AN IDEAL CANDIDATE–
- Devoting 3-4 hours a week to Research Work.
- Excellent drafting, researching and inter-personal skills.
- Well versed with footnoting and citations styles (Bluebook, OSCOLA, etc.)
- Excellent Knowledge of MS Office, MS Excel;
- Honesty, reliability and availability to work
- Strict adherence to timeline
- Well acquainted with all the prevailing legal issues and news
- Ability and efficiency to complete the allotted tasks without plagiarism and good proficiency
- Any student who has completed first year of a five-year law course / first year of a three-year law course, from any university/college recognized by the Bar Council of India, is eligible to apply;
- Must be a current bonafide student of Law;
- Publications in National/International Journals will be given preference;
- VII APPLICATION PROCEDURE
- Send an email with your CV along with cover letter at email@example.com;
- The subject line must read – “Application for Research Committee”;
- In the same mail, you must attach the scanned copy of Aadhaar Card and College ID;
Last Day for receiving application: 31st August, 2020.
- SELECTION PROCEDURE
Shortlisted candidates will be telephonically interviewed or via Video Conference (if necessary).
- Analytical Research skill development;
- Membership Benefits of INBA;
- Discount on Paid Conferences organized by INBA;
- Personal and soft-skill development;
- Access to INBA events;
- Certificate of Merit after successful completion of tenure.
Note: Please note that all positions of Members are unpaid and voluntary in nature. For further clarifications, kindly contact the undersigned-
- Avni Agarwal
Convener, Research Committee
Section for Law Students, INBA
- Vinakshi Kadan
Senior Advisor INBA
Advocate Supreme Court
The INBA WEBSITE for Call for Applications for Research Committee is as follows: