Keeping in view the needs of service sector, the Ministry of Labour and Employment proposed Work from Home idea for Manufacturing Sector and Mines. The draft Model standing orders state that matters such as appointment or agreement between workers and employer, time will be determined by the employer for work from home.
Based on section 29 of the Industrial Relation Code, 2020 authorizes the Central Government to the standing order on the issues associated with service conditions and several other matters relating to work from home.
The Draft Model standing Order for service sector share out with following matters given in First Schedule:
1. Categorization of worker, like permanent, temporary, fixed, probationers.
2. Working hour, holidays, pay days, salary rate.
3. Working shift
4. Punctuality and attendance
5. Procedures and rules for applying holidays and leave.
6. Entry rules and regulations
7. Reporting and closing of industrial establishment
8. Notice period to be served by employer to workers in case of termination
9. Actions against in disciplinary conducts.
10. Unjust behavior by employer to workers.
The government has increased the entry of applicability of the workers from 100 worker limits to 300 through Industrial Regulation code 2020.